­
Help requests in chatbox - Printable Version

+- ­ (http://www.theaquila.net)
+-- Forum: The Aquila Network News & Announcements (http://www.theaquila.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Announcements (http://www.theaquila.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Help requests in chatbox (/showthread.php?tid=5480)

Help requests in chatbox - Chezzy - 04-07-2016

Okay, to keep this to the point:

I'm going to start banning people from the chatbox who, in ANY way, directly or indirectly, asks for help regarding the programs.

Help (noun), in this case, refers to any sort of assistance that would make it easier for one to use the programs (if at all).
Help can refer to any sort of assistance that would allow an individual to know how to use a program, if that individual did not know how before.
It can refer to any sort of assistance that would allow an individual to know how to set up a program, if that individual did not know how before.
It can also refer to any sort of assistance that would allow an individual to have any questions answered, regarding the setup and use of a program.

Even if an individual directs a question to a specific user, if the question is asked in the chatbox and it constitutes a form of asking for help, I will ban that individual.

The message does not have to be a question. If an individual writes any message that hints for a response that constitutes help in any way ("loader gives me finding.. nothing"), I will also ban that individual.

Of course, help is not limited to these criteria.

Valid examples of help include:
"How can I fix ___ error with (program)?"
"How do I do ___ with (program)?"
"Why does ___ happen with (program)?"
"Can someone give me tips on how to use ___ for (program)?"
"Can someone give me tips on why ___ happens with (program)?"
"How can I buy ___?" (Seriously, this one is easy.)
"Can someone send me ___ for (program)?"
"I'm experiencing this problem where ___. Anyone else experiencing this error?"
"(Program) ___ and I don't know how to fix it / I don't know why it does this"
"For some reason ___ is happening but I did ___."
"I do ___ but ___ still happens." / "I do ___ but ___ isn't happening." /"I do ___ but it isn't ___."
"hi is there anyone who can help me with time warm, it seems like it's not working for me for some reason. when i open the AQNLoader and try to load the timewarp it downloads a DLL file ? ."
"any solutions pm me plz"

Asking questions regarding the general status of a program, or anything not regarding the setup and use of said program, is not considered asking for help.

For example:
"Is (program) still detected?"
"Is ___ with (program) fixed yet?"
"Does (program) work with the latest version?"

I know this wasn't enforced before but I will be enforcing it now.
People seriously need to know how to use the search function. The chatbox is a chatbox, and not a supportbox.

PS If you have to think twice about whether your message is going to be a request for help, it might as well be considered one and you shouldn't send it (unless you're sure that it isn't).

PPS If you want to try me, you're going to get banned. And I might ban your profile too.

RE: Help requests in chatbox - ax_pokle - 04-14-2016

thank you for this thread Big Grin