• Assassins Creed

• The Witcher

• Metal Gear Solid

• Half Life

• Street Fighter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Beatmap ID from memory?

Hey. I was wondering, would anyone be able to assist me with obtaining the currently playing map's ID?

Example: 3756 Peter Lambert - osu! tutorial

How would I go about finding "3765"?

Now, I know how to use Cheat Engine but my knowledge isn't enough for this. Obviously I've tried to search for string / int etc to no avail.

Anyone can help? I'm not expecting a response but it'd be nice.

Thank you.
That's not really a viable option to get the currently played song consistently. Unsubmitted maps have no id, for example.
Also, I don't really know if it's actually saved in osu's memory.
What does work is reading the window title which is automatically set to somee basic information about a song that's played including difficulty name. Otherwise you could try to read the hitobjects directly from memory if that's your goal. There is also that windows IME or something feature that you could use. Some stream helpers do that. I haven't looked into that though so I can't give any further information.
(05-19-2016, 02:22 AM)xeddda Wrote: That's not really a viable option to get the currently played song consistently. Unsubmitted maps have no id, for example.
What does work is reading the window title which is automatically set to somee basic information about a song that's played including difficulty name. Otherwise you could try to read the hitobjects directly from memory if that's your goal. There is also that windows IME or something feature that you could use. Some stream helpers do that. I haven't looked into that though so I can't give any further information.
Yeah, but the problem with that is that is that if some maps contain identical difficulty and map name, since the window title doesn't contain the mapper, there can be multiple results so I need a way to distinguish one map from another and ID is the only way i thought could help. reading hitobjects from memory sounds spooky and scary so i dont think i can do that ;;
Best way is to read hitobjects from memory directly. It's not as hard as you might think, just use CE to find the structs/classes you need.
(05-19-2016, 09:50 AM)Purple Wrote:
(05-19-2016, 02:22 AM)xeddda Wrote: That's not really a viable option to get the currently played song consistently. Unsubmitted maps have no id, for example.
Yeah, but the problem with that is that is that if some maps contain identical difficulty and map name, since the window title doesn't contain the mapper, there can be multiple results so I need a way to distinguish one map from another and ID is the only way i thought could help. reading hitobjects from memory sounds spooky and scary so i dont think i can do that ;;

Those duplicates are quite rare, you can manually let a user select a beatmap then though. You could also hook the windows api function osu uses to open .osu files and thus always get the last one opened. But you have to make sure osu is in playing mode then. I think that's rather simple.
(05-19-2016, 10:28 PM)Oberon51 Wrote:
(05-19-2016, 09:50 AM)Purple Wrote:

Those duplicates are quite rare, you can manually let a user select a beatmap then though. You could also hook the windows api function osu uses to open .osu files and thus always get the last one opened. But you have to make sure osu is in playing mode then. I think that's rather simple.
Inspired by your words(I hooked CreateFile): [Image: I1355yl.png]