• TitanFall

• Assassins Creed

• The Witcher

• Metal Gear Solid

• Half Life

• Street Fighter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

What projects are you working on right now?

Well, the forum activity seems to be dying down again, but I thought this was still an interesting topic you might also like talking about. What kinda projects are you currently working on?
Bonus points if it's osu related. :p
To start off, I've been working on a simple external replay bot in c++ the last couple of days. It wasn't a project for myself; I was asked for it, and the person would prefer it be not shared.
It's rather simple overall, but it was still interesting to learn to deal with lzma compression and the like.

Overall, everything's working well. It's not quite as accurate as I'd like, and I'll still have to implement widescreen support which is a pain. I sometimes don't wanna understand maths, and that makes it really hard to understand said maths. I remember really struggeling to understand how the perfect curve sliders work, although they are pretty simple in concept.
Well, I'm sure I'll be able to deal with that alright though.

I'm not sure what I'm gonna do after this. I guess I'll have to wait and see. Maybe some of you have really great ideas that inspire me. :p
So, what are your projects? I've seen replay editors here, which is pretty amazing, and tons of people that made their own bots. Private servers and relay servers are some of the fantastic projects on osu as well.
I've also seen people just trying to break the game, crash it by playing faulty beatmaps.
Well, maybe you have a cool completely unrelated project as well? Maybe you're a c00l malware developer or someone who creates website templates.
Whatever, I'm curious to see either way!
Showing off or boasting is alright to some degree, too. Wink
Maybe you're also only just a lurker without any programming experience, reading through this thread out of curiosity. In that case, it'd be nice to hear what cool project ideas you can think of. Just keep in mind that a lack of experience also means that you don't know how big the projects you're talking about are. I still regularly make that mistake despite having worked on my fair share of projects myself. Nevertheless, ideas are always welcome!
I want to see a "legit auto" mode again. Would be fun to experience.
Gotta put some work to relax... I have to do a quick fix up for enlighten. There’s a pretty old concept idea for a legit auto that I once started working on... I never had the motivation to keep going... (I am way more motivated to produce work and stay on track when I share screens.) I feel like finishing my legit auto concept would hit it off pretty big.
(09-01-2017, 07:59 AM)Kev Wrote: Gotta put some work to relax... I have to do a quick fix up for enlighten. There’s a pretty old concept idea for a legit auto that I once started working on... I never had the motivation to keep going... (I am way more motivated to produce work and stay on track when I share screens.)  I feel like finishing my legit auto concept would hit it off pretty big.

Is it actually possible to make a legit looking auto? Like let's say you wanted it to make movements like Bikko etc.. is it possible?
No legit auto plz I do not want the game broken
(09-01-2017, 07:59 AM)Kev Wrote: Gotta put some work to relax... I have to do a quick fix up for enlighten. There’s a pretty old concept idea for a legit auto that I once started working on... I never had the motivation to keep going... (I am way more motivated to produce work and stay on track when I share screens.)  I feel like finishing my legit auto concept would hit it off pretty big.

Yeah, that sounds pretty cool! On the topic of sharing screens and progress for motivation, have you ever thought about making some kind of blog or thread here where you regularly post about the stuff you've been working on?
That would achieve that purpose, and it might also allow the community to become more engaged in those things. Something along the lines of osu!weekly if you're following that or ever saw a post.
I'm not sure how much stuff you'd have to write about and how much you'd actually enjoy writing about it though, but I'm sure there are some that would appreciate some technical details. Some stats on the forum and decisions that are pending like how many participation points (pp, right? :^) ) you need to get a subscription could be discussed there as well.
You could also have someone else actually write the blogs out for you if you think that it's a decent idea but aren't really into that kinda stuff yourself. I'm not sure if people in the mod team would wanna do it either. Worst case, you could let members do it and award those pp for it as a payment to keep up the motivation.
I didn't wanna turn this thread into a discussion about that though, sorry about that.
I feel like an actually legit-looking auto could be really cool. If you don't mind, would you elaborate on how it'd work? I can't really imagine how you could "easily" make a machine move in ways that look human.

If you actually end up doing that update for legit auto and it actually looks humanised in a good way you could sell it as a separate cheat and make it more expensive. That way there would be a smaller userbase and won't destroy the game AS MUCH as it would if it was just freely included in relax as it is now. But maybe you don't care about that any ways? But it's just a suggestion for what it could be Tongue
(09-01-2017, 09:59 AM)akkord Wrote:

If you actually end up doing that update for legit auto and it actually looks humanised in a good way you could sell it as a separate cheat and make it more expensive. That way there would be a smaller userbase and won't destroy the game AS MUCH as it would if it was just freely included in relax as it is now. But maybe you don't care about that any ways? But it's just a suggestion for what it could be Tongue

To be honest im a Relax player so i want some updates like Control Key Enable/Disable, Space Key Delay (ms), when i press exit from a map the bot still clicking 1 or 2 times i want a fix for this xd
Minecraft Playah! lul
I’m mobile for the next weekish... Bit hard to type out long things. I really like the progress blog type idea, I don’t think I would be willing enough to write it, it’s more having a person there that keeps me from side tracking. (Ben used to do this a lot Wink, we expanded to more users and had rumors someone was sharing info since there were a few things getting patched really fast.) I really enjoy having an active community and try to get involved best I can.

In regard to the auto idea; It would be a “learning” movement. There would be a training tool that you play with and it would generate a unique file as you play. Think of it like something you train to play and then it would one up that and play better. You could share your file so others could use it too. The concept is pretty good, there are a few issues I already know would pop up and I’d have to either plan ahead for them or just give it an attempt.
(09-01-2017, 11:07 PM)Kev Wrote: In regard to the auto idea; It would be a “learning” movement.  There would be a training tool that you play with and it would generate a unique file as you play.  Think of it like something you train to play and then it would one up that and play better.  You could share your file so others could use it too.  The concept is pretty good, there are a few issues I already know would pop up and I’d have to either plan ahead for them or just give it an attempt.

Sounds fucking sick tbh